• The nature and adequacy of the wall construction (for example whether solid or cavity brickwork/blockwork, stone, concrete, timber or steel framed)
• Assessment of the walls for cracking, leaning/bulging and distorted door/window frames
• Assessment of the floors for sloping, deflection and excessive springiness
• The adequacy and stability of the roof structure. External examination is from ground level, aided by binoculars. Roof voids are inspected, where safe access will allow
• Structural alterations, such as the removal of load bearing walls or chimney breasts
• A desktop review of British Geological Survey Maps, to assess likely ground conditions and the influence of any nearby trees
If the inspection is confined to one readily defined area of concern, a specific defect report
option is available. For more information, call Alex Rosen Associates Ltd today. Working throughout Lincolnshire and the East Midlands.